Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spanish Degree Turns into Youth Ministry...and now Med School???

It's funny how life happens sometimes.  I mean, God has a way of taking something and turning it into something completely different.  If you would have asked me 5 years ago where I thought I would be today, the answer would definitely not have been finishing up three wonderful years of youth ministry in Little Rock and heading back to school with the hopes of being a doctor.  Yet, here I am.

Here I am...a 24 year old single girl with a Spanish degree and three years of youth ministry experience.  The obvious next step is med school...right?

There are so many questions being thrown my way...Where do you want to go to medical school?  What kind of doctor do you want to be?  Are you worried about the MCAT?  You have to take Organic Chemistry, I hear that's horrible?!?  Where are you going to live?  Where are you going to go to church?  How long is this going to take you?  Are you nervous?  What if you don't get in?  What's plan B?

So many questions...and right now, so few answers.

But I have something bigger than all of those questions to cling to.

Five years ago I would have never dreamed that God was leading me down the path that brought me to where I am today, but in His amazing faithfulness He has walked beside me down an incredible journey.  As I sit here typing this post, I wonder what the next 5 years will hold.  I dream... I wonder...I plan...I wait...and I trust.

I trust...I trust that my God has something in store for me that is far greater than I can even imagine.

I pray...I pray that my God will open up doors for me to minister to hurting people.

I wait...I wait with expectation that my God is already preparing something greater than I could ever imagine.

So, I don't have all the answers to the questions.  And I don't know where this path is leading, but I know that my God has a way of working things out in ways bigger than we could ever dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment