Friday, September 16, 2011

Come glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together!

I will extol the Lord at all times; 
his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me; 
let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant; 
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; 
he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the Lord is good; 
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 34:1-8

I love these verses.  David lived a life of continual worship to our awesome God, and I pray that I will seek to worship God with each breath that He blesses me with.  

I love that David opens this Psalm resolving to praise God at ALL times.  As he writes this he is fleeing from Saul who is trying to kill him and finds himself having to run from King Abimelech who thinks he is a spy.  Not exactly what I would call ideal circumstances, but that doesn't matter because He chooses to praise and trust in the Lord even during the hard times. 

My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.  He wants others to know that the Lord is his source of joy.  He will boast only in the Lord.  I pray that I will constantly give God glory for the joy that He has flooded my life with.  May I boast in Him alone!

Come glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together!  This has always been one of my favorite verses.  I often put this verse on cards that I send to my girls.  David wants others to see and experience what it is like to worship our awesome God.  It is so good that He just can't keep it to himself.  I pray that we will constantly be inviting others to come and exalt His name together.  He is so worthy of ALL of our praise!

May our faces be radiant and never covered in shame because we have sought the Lord with ALL of our heart.  May we shine with His presence and may people know that we are different because we have seen the one true God!

So here's my invitation to you.  Come, let me tell you what He has done for me! Come, taste and see that the Lord is good! Come, glorify the Lord with me!  Let us exalt His name together!

No comments:

Post a Comment