Tuesday, September 13, 2011

STILL

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him.  Psalm 37:7

Be still and know that I am God.  Psalm 46:10

Stillness is not something I excel at.  I'm pretty sure my parents told me daily as a little kid, "would you please just be still." I always have to be doing something or going somewhere. Sitting still and being quiet are definitely challenging to me. Recently my patient God has been teaching me the importance of being still.  I am trying to learn how to quiet my soul and just be still before my awesome God.  

I am learning to love the stillness.  It amazes me how much more clearly I am able to hear and see my God when I turn off all the noise and am still in His presence.  In the stillness I KNOW that He is God.  His presence cannot be escaped. In the stillness I am reminded that HE is in control and that I can and should trust FULLY in Him!  In the quiet His voice is so much easier to hear.  In the stillness I pray that He will transform me to look more and more like Him.  In the stillness I know that I have EVERYTHING that I need.  In the stillness He fills my cup and makes it overflow.  In the stillness I am reminded of what my savior has done for me.  In the stillness He brings peace to my soul.  In the stillness I know that HE is God!  

I'm so thankful that our Holy God allows us to approach His throne and know Him so intimately.  In the stillness I am reminded of how He demonstrated His love for me and I am challenged to live each breath of my life fully dedicated to Him.    

No comments:

Post a Comment