Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Psalm 37:4

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4

For so long I have loved this verse.  I mean who doesn't love the idea of God giving us everything we want?  Over this last week I think God has truly revealed to me what this verse really means.  I pray that He will teach me how to live it!

I think if I truly delight myself in my Lord, if He is truly my delight and my deepest desire, then the desires of my heart will be His desires!  I've often tried to use this verse to justify God giving me my earthly desires, by saying God I love you, so you are going to give me what I desire right?  But I don't think that's what this Psalm is saying at all, I think it is calling us to delight so much in God that the desires of our heart will be lined up with the desires of His heart as well.

As God has put this on my heart this past week He has showed me that I truly have a long way to go. That I'm not there yet.  That my fleshly desires still weigh heavy on my heart.  I pray that my Lord will continue to work on my heart, and that He will teach me how to delight so fully in Him that my heart rejoices for the things that make His heart rejoice and my heart breaks for the things that make His heart break. 

I want to truly delight myself in my awesome God.  He deserves to be my everything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment