Monday, September 12, 2011

Fully Dependent on Him

I have been so blessed to grow up in a family with parents who have great jobs.  I have never been worried about whether I would have food to eat or a place to sleep at night, or a car to drive to school and for that I am so thankful.  I have always had everything that I need, and probably more often than I should, I have had most things that I want as well.  My parents have always taught me that I should be thankful to God for all that He has blessed us with and that when we are given much we are expected to give much!  I am so thankful for the material blessings that He has given me, but way beyond that I am thankful for the blessings of my family, His Church, His Spirit, His death, and the life that I will get to spend with my savior for eternity!  Those things far outweigh any comforts of this world. 


I am so thankful to serve the only Awesome God!  I know that He is alive and that He works in powerful ways.  I have so much faith in Him, but sometimes I don't feel like my life depends on my faith in Him.  When I'm hungry I can go out and get food, when I run out of gas I can go put more in my car, when the bills come in I can pay them, and when I need/want new clothes it's only one quick shopping trip away.  I have more than I could ever need. I must remember that those blessings come from Him alone! 


There is a girl named Katie who lives in Africa who is my age and has adopted 13 orphan girls.  Her story absolutely amazes me! God is alive and living through her in beautiful ways.  She has such great faith in Him.  She has to have such great faith in Him.  She lives her life in a way that is fully dependent on God.  If He doesn't come through for her she is going to be in big trouble.  In her blog she writes about His faithfulness.  How one day a bill will come in and she doesn't know how she is going to pay it, but it never fails, the next day He sends exactly what she needs.  She lives her life in a way that fully depends on her awesome God. With each circumstance of His faithfulness towards her her faith must grow by leaps and bounds.  


There is something exciting about living a life like that.  I want to live my life in a way that I am so dependent on God for everything.  I want to know that if He doesn't come through I am in a huge heap of trouble.  I want to live in great faith, knowing that He is able to provide for all of my needs.  I know that my God will come through for me.  I know that He will give me exactly what I need, but I have to remember that what He knows I need and what I think I need may be two totally different things.  He is faithful. 


I pray that my God will teach me how to live a life that is dependent on Him.  My Jesus that fed the 5,000 with just a few loaves and fish still lives in me today through the power of His Spirit and I believe He still has the power to do amazing things.  May I call on His name, and may I live my life with so much faith and so dependent on Him that I'm in BIG trouble if He doesn't come through for me.  He is faithful!  I trust in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment