Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Command is This

"My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you!" - Jesus

This past week while I was in Honduras this verse was constantly on my heart.  As I opened up my Bible Sunday night for my quiet time and read through John 15 these words spoke directly to me. What a challenge!  "Love each other as I have loved you."  Sweet savior teach me how to do this!

With each person that I met last week I was challenged to think, how would my Jesus love them?  How would my Jesus love the kid with no shoes dressed in rags?  How would my Jesus love the child with AIDS? How would my Jesus love the guy who had too much to drink and was staring creepily at us through the car window?  How would my Jesus love the girl who smells really really bad?

How did my Jesus love me, a sinner?

He died for me!  He forgave me!  He overflows my heart with joy! He provides for me!  He listens to me!  He brings me life!

And this is how He calls me to love others!  "Love each other as I have loved you."

His love is not always comfortable, but that's what we have been called to do! His love is not easy, but as disciples we are commanded to love as He has loved!  His love was not selective, but was for everyone!

Holy Spirit teach me how to love the way my Savior first loved me.  May your love flow through my life and draw people to You!     

No comments:

Post a Comment