Monday, October 3, 2011

Talk about Him

My God has done so many incredible things in my life.  I don't deserve all that He gives me, but I am so incredibly thankful.  He brings me life to the full!  His love has changed me.  There is absolutely nothing better in this world than knowing and experiencing all that Christ has done in us and for us.

But sometimes, I fail. I fail to share this amazing gift with others.  If I truly believe in His word and all that He has given me, then why so often do I lack the courage to share with others the gifts that He gives.  I love giving people gifts, but for some reason I often fail to share the best gift that I have ever been given, the good news about what my Savior has done in my life.

Dear Lord, help me to be bold and filled with love in sharing all that you have done in my life with others!

So often I talk about my church and how awesome I think PV is, but I fail to talk about my Jesus.  I talk about my imperfect church in place of talking about my perfect God and Savior.  Somehow that's just not right.  Don't get me wrong I am so so so thankful for the Church and for the family of believers that God has blessed me with, but I can't hide behind the Church. That can never be a substitute for talking about my awesome God and Savior and all that They have done for me.

My Jesus has redeemed me.  He has taken on my punishment.  He has filled me with His Spirit.  He has brought me peace.  He has brought me joy.  He has given me purpose.  He has overflowed my heart with love.  He has called me by name.  He has connected me to the Father.  He has saved me.  He has a place for me in Heaven.  He has given me so many reasons to sing.

May each breath that I take sing praises to His name.  May I be like his disciples in Acts 4:20 when they said, "we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard."  May the name of my sweet Savior be constantly on my lips.

My God has been so good to me.  Let me tell you about all that He has done! Let me tell you about my awesome Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment