Monday, October 10, 2011

My Daddy always told me Life isn't fair!

This week for one of the Bible studies I have been doing we were asked to read Isaiah 53 and replace all of the our/us/we with my/me/I.  Reading through Isaiah 53 with the words changed sounds like this...

"He was despised and rejected - a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief.  I turned my back on him and looked the other way.  He was despised and I did not care.  Yet it was my weaknesses he carried; it was my sorrows that weighed him down.  And I thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins.  He was beaten so I could be whole.  He was whipped so I could be healed.  I like a sheep have strayed away.  I have left God's path to follow my own.  Yet the Lord laid on him all of my sins."  Isaiah 53:3-6

Wow!  How often I forget all that my Savior has done for me!  So often I place the blame for his death on the sins of others and forget that I am equally deserving of hell.  Without His grace I have no hope.  I am guilty.  It was my weaknesses he carried.  It was my sorrows that weighed him down.  He was beaten so I could be whole.  He was whipped so I could be healed.

So often we complain that life isn't fair.  You want to know what's not fair, that Jesus took on all of my sins and sorrows and was crucified on the cross when he did NOTHING wrong yet I get the reward of heaven.  Praise God that life isn't fair!  If life was fair I would have no chance of heaven. My savior has done far more for me than I could ever repay.

Robbins says it like this, "The closer we are to the blazing light of Christ's holiness, the more we will be aware that we fall pitifully short of his righteous standard."

In 1 Timothy 1:15-17 Paul writes "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst.  But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his UNLIMITED patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.  Now to the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever!"

Thank you Jesus for saving me!  Without you I have no hope.  You have transformed my life.  I need your grace.  I need you.  Only through you do I have any power.  Only through you do I have life to the FULL!  Only through you do I have the hope of heaven!

Holy God, I pray that I will never forget the significance of the sacrifice of your son on the cross.  Thank you for not being fair!  



No comments:

Post a Comment