Thursday, October 13, 2011

Answered Prayers

This weekend we have our mission trip to Little Rock!  About 30 of my awesome teens have signed up to spend their weekend serving their community.  We are sleeping in our church building, eating in our church building, and even showering in our church building for the weekend!

Casey and I have been working on the details of this weekend for a while now.  We have had plans for the different places that we were going to work for weeks.  The past two days two of the different places that we were planning on helping called us and told us that they didn't need our help.  So much for having everything ready and taken care of!  No worries, this just gave us an opportunity to see God work out His plans!

Yesterday as plans started to fall through I spent some time praying that God would show us where to turn and who we could help.  My prayer was that someone would call us or stop us totally out of the blue asking for help.  I just knew that God was going to lead us somewhere special.

This morning as I walked into the church building I got stopped by a girl at church whom I had never spoken with before.  She started telling me about the Compassion Center and their need for volunteers.

When I got into the office Casey and I sat down in Cash's (our college minister) office to talk about the weekend.  He started telling us about a man that had emailed him just yesterday asking for a group of teens or college students to help with moving medical equipment this Saturday that is going to be sent to Haiti.

Boom!  Just like that God opened two doors for us to serve on Saturday. We didn't even have to go searching, He sent them to us.  The ways He works amaze me.  I know I only get to see a little bitty piece of the HUGE canvas that He paints on, but it always leaves me wanting more.

I'm so thankful that the God of the whole universe calls me to come and follow after Him.  What an honor to serve the most high King!  

No comments:

Post a Comment