Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In the King's Presence

How amazing it is to be in the presence of The King!  His beauty amazes me.  I don't understand it!  It blows my mind that He desires me so much. It blows my mind that He draws me so close.  It blows my mind how He reveals Himself to me.  I can't even begin to understand how much He loves me. It makes me wonder if He really knows me, if He really knows all of the mistakes I have made. It makes me wonder if He has seen all of the times that I have denied Him when He has given me the opportunity to share His name.  It makes me wonder if He really knows that I killed His son. But then I remember... He created me.  He knows me better than anybody else.  He has never left my side.  He has seen the times I have screwed up and has given me opportunities to try again.  He knows every thought that I have ever had, and He loves me.

As I bow before Him I am reminded of how much I need a savior.  I could never save myself. Isn't it refreshing to know that we don't have to save ourselves.  We don't have to be somebody great.  We don't have to measure up.  So often the pressures of the world tell us to fight to be on top, that we have to be the best, and that if you can't do it by yourself then you aren't strong enough.  When I come to my savior He asks me to totally reverse that.  He says humble yourself before me.  He says I am the best and the only true God.  He says I know you can't do it by yourself that's why I am here and in your weakness I am strong enough. I trust that His grace is more than enough for me!

I still don't understand it and I know that I never will, but I will choose to live in His love!  I will choose to bow before His throne.  I will choose to follow my king.  I know that better is one day in His court than thousands elsewhere.  O how I long and look forward to spending eternity in His courts!

No comments:

Post a Comment