Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dreams that Impact Eternity

This video is so very challenging to me.  Last week I went running through a nice neighborhood behind the church building and was looking at a bunch of beautiful houses.  I was thinking to myself, wouldn't it be nice to have a house like that.  But the more I thought about that the more I realized that that dream was for something temporary.  Don't get me wrong I think temporary dreams and goals are important, but are we dreaming about things that will impact eternity as well?

When I think about my dreams I want some of them to go far beyond this world.  I want my dreams to involve eternity.  I don't want to get caught up living so much for this world right now that I miss the bigger picture.  I want to give up the pleasures of this short short short temporary world for something that will never end.  How dumb is it for us to trade eternal awesomeness for just temporary gain?

So when I dream I pray that my dreams will look towards eternity.  I dream that I will help tons of people come to know my sweet savior more fully so that they can spend eternity with Him.  I dream that God will help me to meet the needs of thousands of starving people.  People who are starving physically and spiritually.  I dream that I will be able to take in orphans who need a family and somebody to show them love.  I dream that I will live in my saviors will with each breath that I take.  I dream that my life will be completely surrendered and led by the Holy Spirit.  I dream and eagerly anticipate the day when I will get to run into the arms of my Holy God.

Don't stop dreaming!  May our dreams affect eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment