Monday, October 24, 2011

Perfect Peace

His peace surpasses all understanding.  My heart is overflowing with His peace.  It’s unlike anything I have ever experienced before.  Complete and perfect peace.  Each night as I come home to my empty quiet apartment and reflect on the day no matter the highs or the lows there is no escaping His peace.  There is no denying that He is God.   There is no denying His presence. I have complete and FULL trust in Him and He supplies me with perfect peace.

I crawl into bed and my mind starts to wander.  So many different things to think about, but in the midst of it all He is there.  And where He is, there is peace.  I have no clue what tomorrow is going to hold.  I’m not even guaranteed tomorrow, but I know that if He gives me another breath that He will be right there by my side.  He’s never let me take a single breath alone!  He is so good!  His faithfulness amazes me!

I had lunch with a friend this week and we started talking about money and stuff.  He asked me, “If you lost all of that do you really think you would be okay?”  I jokingly replied, “Of course.  My parents would take care of me.”  He replied with a, “That’s not what I meant.  Could you still be okay with God?”

If my relationship with God is dependent on money and stuff then we have a HUGE problem.  All I could say back to Him was, “You can take away all of the stuff.  You can take away the money.  You can even take my family.  But you can never take away what my Savior has done for me.  You can’t take me out of His presence.”  He is constant.  He is my peace. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for the blessings that God has poured out on me.  I’m so thankful for my family.  I’m so thankful that I don’t have to worry about having enough to get by.  I’m so thankful that I have a warm place to stay and a comfortable bed to crawl into each night.  God has blessed me with so much, but if all of that were taken away from me He would still be there.  He would still be God.  He would still be my savior; Therefore, I would still have hope. 

Sometimes things stink.  Sometimes life is hard.  Sometimes we feel like David in Psalm 13.

O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?  How long will you look the other way?  How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day?  How long will my enemy have the upper hand?  Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!  Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.  Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”  Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.  But I trust in your unfailing love.  I will rejoice because you have rescued me.  I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me.

Sometimes we don’t feel like singing.  Sometimes we feel like God has forgotten about us.  Sometimes life hurts, but I must choose to keep eternity in mind.  Everything here is temporary, and my God has given me an opportunity to live with Him for eternity!  I will look to Him and have hope. So even when life here stinks, I will trust in His UNFAILING love.  I will rejoice because He has rescued me.  I will sing to the Lord because He has been good to me.

With this comes peace.  I know someday we will escape this world for our true home.  I can’t wait to dwell in the house of the Lord for eternity.  I can’t imagine anything better! 

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”  -Jesus

Thank you Jesus!  Because of You we have hope.  Take heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment