Sunday, October 23, 2011

Let my Lifesong Sing


Over the past month my roommate has been gone quite a bit, which leaves me coming home to an empty apartment most of the time.  I think most people would find this to be super lonely, but after a long day of constantly interacting with people it’s refreshing to come home to the stillness of my empty apartment.  My TV hasn’t been turned on in months other than to watch the Sooners kick booty each Saturday (I refused to watch their loss to TT last night)!  My Jesus has been teaching me to look for Him and praise Him in each and every moment that I get!  It’s been a joy to dwell in His presence with every open moment.

If you could put a hidden camera in my apartment and catch a glimpse of the interactions God and I have here in this quiet place I’m sure you would all get quite the laugh.  You would also need a pair of earplugs!  One minute I’m singing at the top of my lungs (hints the need for earplugs) and the next moment I’m silenced by His voice.  One moment I’m sitting peacefully listening to His Word, the next I’m dancing around my apartment like a 4 year old ready to open presents on Christmas morning overwhelmed with His joy!  One moment I can’t stop smiling and the next my heart is flooded with sorrow for this broken world.  He is in each and every moment.  Each breath that I take is filled with His life.  I have been created to worship Him.  There is never a moment where I am more alive than when I am worshipping my Savior.  It’s my purpose.  It’s what I have been created to do. 

So often we have this mindset that we worship on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.  Which is true, we do!  But what about every breath I take between Sunday morning and Wednesday night?  Isn’t my life supposed to be worship to my God?  Why would I settle for just two times a week, when He invites me to worship Him with every breath that I take?

I don’t want to settle for anything less.  I want to be constantly aware of His presence.  I want to be full of life.  He came that I might have life and have it to the full.  Why would I settle for anything less?  I want to be constantly aware of His voice.  I want to be constantly praising Him.  I want the name of my sweet Jesus to be constantly on my lips.  I want my lifesong to sing to Him.  I want each beat of my heart to sing a song of praise to my God.  I want my heart to be alive and full of joy.

So my invitation to you is this, Come and glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name TOGETHER. (Psalm 34:3)  Come to the fountain and drink deep of His amazing love and unexplainable peace.  Come and be filled and overflow.  Come and praise His name with every breath.  He is so worthy of all we can give! 

Because your love is better than life, O Lord my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. Psalm 63:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment