Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's the Plan?

How long are you going to be here?  What's your plan? These are probably the two questions I get asked most frequently here at Pleasant Valley.

My plan?  Do I have to have a plan?

I learned a few years back that when I make plans God often changes them.  I had planned on moving to Honduras after college and God showed me very clearly that His plan and my plan were not the same.  That was an extremely humbling lesson to learn.  Since then I have tried to stop planning.  My only plan is to try to follow Him.  My plan is to go where He calls me.  I don't know what that is going to look like tomorrow, and I for sure don't know what that is going to look like 10, 20, or 30 years from now.  I LOVE my job at PV and I would feel blessed by God to be able to stay here for 20 years, but if He calls me to leave here tomorrow and follow Him somewhere else I must go.  I must trust that He holds tomorrow and that He will lead me where He wants me to be.  There is no greater joy than knowing God and knowing that you are living in His perfect will.  

I know that He will make it clear to me when He has completed through me at PV what He has desired to do through me here.  I also believe that when that happens He will open up another door for me to serve Him somewhere else.  I have no clue where that is going to be, but that's okay because I know that He will provide and that He will go with me there. He has given me a peace that I can't even begin to explain.  

So my plan is to trust in Him with each breath that I take.  My plan is to seek Him with ALL of my heart. My plan is to allow His Spirit to control my life.  My plan is to wait on the Lord!  My plan is to pray for His guidance and understanding.  My plan is to allow Him complete control.  He is my plan!

I'm sure there will be moments when I forget who is truly in charge or when I fight for control.  I am thankful for the patience and grace of my Shepherd who brings me back to the flock when I stray off and think I can do it all on my own.  He knows what is best for me and I know that He will not withhold good from me.  I pray that I will learn to fall humbly before His throne and say, "not my will but yours be done."

So to answer the questions...I will be here till my Savior leads me somewhere else.  I don't know where or when that will be.  I have no plan, I just have faith in my God.  For me that is more than enough!  

No comments:

Post a Comment