Sunday, January 15, 2012

What Does Safe Look Like?

It's a funny thing to me how the safest place can really be the most dangerous place for Christians to be.  Were we really created to live in a "safe" place?  Sometimes I fall into the trap of being more concerned for my safety than I am for my Father's Kingdom.  Yet I think God is revealing to me more and more that the most dangerous place is actually the safest place when we are close to Him.  Riddle me this...Which is safer?  The "safest" most predictable place out of the will of our God or the most "dangerous" place right by God's side in step with His plans?  I want to be with Him!  When we follow Him life is never predictable.  Sarah Young puts it this ways, "No matter how steep or treacherous the path before you, the safest place to be is by His side."

I must trust that if my God leads me to the most treacherous peak that He will not abandon me.  His hand will guide me!  I must also remember that in death I gain VICTORY!

My prayer to my Perfect Father,
Lead me forth onto solid ground, rocky ground, steep ground, or sinking sand.  I trust that no matter where you lead me that there your hand will hold me up and keep my feet from slipping.  Grant me an eternal perspective to see so much more than what this world sees.  May you be my safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment