Friday, December 9, 2011

The Joys of my Job

Blessed!  If there was one word I had to use to describe how I feel right now that would be it!  Blessed!

God is so good!  His faithfulness is amazing.  I love seeing and experiencing all that He is doing in my life, but a close second is seeing everything that He is doing in my girls' lives!

He is amazing!  I love watching their faith in Him grow!  Most of my girls know that anytime they get in my car for me to take them home that before they get out of my car we are going to pray.  I love spending time in prayer with my girls!  It's one of my most favorite things ever.  In the past I've always had to ask them, "Hey, before you get out of the car can we pray?"  But this week things have changed.  I took one of my girls home on Tuesday after spending the afternoon at my apartment and as we pulled up to her place she looks at me and says, "Hey, are we going to pray?"

I'm pretty sure my face must have lit up right away!  She had been looking forward to us praying together! My hope is that prayer doesn't just become something they do with me whenever we hang out, but that they make prayer part of everything they do!  As if once this week wasn't enough, last night one of my girls spent the night with me.  We had stayed up late talking and crying and laughing, and we were emotionally exhausted. As we crawled into bed she looked at me and said, "Can we pray together before we go to sleep?"

How else can you answer a question like that other than, "OF COURSE!"  They are falling in love with their Savior and it fills my heart with so much joy!  He is so good to us!  I pray that they will continue to taste and see that the Lord is good!  Little things like this remind me of why I have the best job ever!  I am doing what God has called me to do and it is a joy to be a part of His story!

No comments:

Post a Comment