Wednesday, August 24, 2011

10 Reasons why I have the best job in the WHOLE world!

1. I get paid to read my Bible- This just amazes me.  Often times when I'm in my office studying or preparing for a class I just sit there and thank God that reading His word is part of my job!  What a blessing!
2. I get to hang out with incredible teens- I am so blessed to have 150 of the most amazing teens I know.  I love sharing my life with these kids and I love getting to be a part of their lives.
3. I get to see God at work constantly- I know this can be done no matter what your job is, but I feel like I get an extra great opportunity to see how He is working in and through me and in and through my teens.  I love hearing how He is answering my prayers and the prayers of my kids.  He is so so so good!
4. I get to work with some of the most amazing people in the world- The staff at PV is truly a family.  I have been so blessed to be a part of such an awesome working environment.  It truly gives me a family away from my family in OKC.  It doesn't hurt that I'm the youngest one on staff and they all feel the need to look out for me!
5. I get to travel different places to share God's love- Since I've been at PV I've had the opportunity to go to OKC, Kentucky, and Paragould for different mission trips with my teens and I am looking forward to going to many more awesome places Lord willing in the future!
6. Praying is part of my job description- I love being able to spend time each day in prayer for God's church!  It's such a blessing to see how God is at work through the people here at Pleasant Valley.  I love being able to lift up my family in prayer to our awesome God.
7. I get to see teens be transformed by God- There is nothing more awesome as a youth minister than seeing it "click" with one of your teens.  To know that they truly are starting to grasp a little more of what this is all about.  I love when my teens go from just coming to church to truly loving Jesus with ALL of their heart!  It's such a beautiful thing to witness and be a part of!
8. I get to act like a 15 year old again- Where else would I get to throw eggs at teens and cover their faces in flour.  What other job would call for weekly slumber parties?  I am so blessed to get paid to have this much fun!
9. I get to share my story on a daily basis- Each day God gives me different opportunities to share His story that He has given me.  I pray that as I tell people about what He has done in my life that I am able to bring honor and praise to His most holy name!

10- I know I am right where God wants me- God has confirmed to me time and time again that I am right where He wants me to be, and there is nothing more exciting and awesome than living in God's plans for your life!  Thank you Jesus for giving me the opportunity to serve you here at

No comments:

Post a Comment