Sunday, August 21, 2011

Run!

Recently I have gotten to spend a lot of time soaking in the truths that my awesome God speaks over me.  I have been bathing in His Word and being renewed each and everyday.  It amazes me how when I run to Him and ask Him to fill my cup He floods my heart with joy, peace, wisdom, grace, and mercy.  I am so blessed, and I can't help but praise His holy name.  


But it never fails, Satan is sneaky, and just when I think I have things figured out the evil one attacks and tries to pull me down.  It never turns out well, when I think I have things all figured out.  I'm so thankful for the patience of my Savior, and I pray that I will learn to fall humbly before Him in every situation.


Satan knows where I am weak and he does everything he can to tear me down.  He tempts me to run to him, to take the easy way out and to follow this world.  But I am thankful for the voice of my Lord.  I know His voice because He is my good shepherd (and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.  But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice - John 10:4-5).  His Word has made me so familiar with His caring voice, and I know that He wants what is truly best for me.  So this week when I heard His voice I knew that I had to follow Him.  I heard Him so clearly, He said to me, "You have two choices.  You can run to me or you can run to this world, but you can't have both."  


My reply to my sweet God that night in my journal was this...


God right now I want to throw off the weight of this world and run faster to you than I ever have before.  I'm sick of caring what this world thinks of me.  You and you alone are the one I want to please.  May my eyes be fixed on you as I run as fast and as hard as I can to you.  I can't wait for this sprint to be done and I fall before your throne.  I don't want this world anymore.  I want to run to you!


So my prayer today and from this day forth is that my eyes will be fixed on my savior and that I will run hard and fast to Him.  That I won't look back to the ways of this world, but that I will desire Him above all.  That He will be displayed through me and that I will bring as many people with me as I can in this sprint home to my God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment