Monday, August 22, 2011

Zephaniah 3:17


"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17

This verse has been following me around this past week.  This has always been a verse that I love.  In fact, I actually have it on a small plaque in my living room, but everywhere I have turned this past week my attention has been turned to this verse. It's been on twitter, it's been in my daily Bible reading, it's been in my memory verses, and it's been texted to me by a friend.  After the first few times it popped up I started thinking, I should probably pay attention.  I don't believe in coincidence, I believe in my God speaking to me through various different people and things.  He is good and He does whatever He needs to get my attention!

So as I meditate on this verse this week I have peace.  God knew that this was exactly what I needed to hear this week.  He knew that my heart needed to be reminded that my God is Mighty to Save!  

As I think about each part of this verse my heart is flooded with peace and joy!  To know that the Lord my God is with me is an incredible thought to truly wrap my mind around.  He fills the heavens and the earth.  He fills my office where I am sitting right now while typing this.  He is with me! That brings me such peace, but it also brings a sense of fear and respect of who He is.  He is so good.  

He is Mighty to Save!  Praise God for this!  I am so thankful for how He saves me.  I'm so thankful that He is a Mighty Warrior and that he thinks I am worth going into battle for.  My God knew that I was going to need saving.  So often I feel like Paul in 1 Timothy 1:15-17-"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners- of whom I am the worst.  But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.  Now to the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever." Thank you God for being Mighty to Save!

He will take great delight in you.  I pray that this will be true.  I pray that my Lord will look on me with delight.  I pray that my heart will be anchored to Him.  

He will quiet you with His love.  Being quiet is one thing I struggle with.  I use noise to escape from everything.  The quiet can make me uncomfortable, but I am learning that there is something about being still and quiet in the presence of my Father that restores my soul.  I'm finding that in the quiet I can hear his voice more clearly than ever before.  I'm finding that in the quiet His love for me is so obvious.  I'm finding that in the quiet my soul finds peace and rest in Him alone, so may His love draw me into peace and quiet!

He will rejoice over you with singing!  To imagine my God the ruler and creator of the universe singing over me gives me chills.  He rejoices over you!  My God rejoices over me!  That fills my heart with so much joy and peace.  Sometimes I need to be reminded that I am worth fighting for!  Sometimes I need to remember that my God rejoices over me.  He rejoices over me!  May I rejoice at what He has done in my life!

Praise God! Thank you sweet Jesus for being a Mighty Warrior, and for showing me that sometimes being a Mighty Warrior means sacrifice, humility, gentleness, and death.  I pray that I will be mighty in battle for you as I hear you sing over me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment