Wednesday, August 24, 2011

He is Good!

There have been so many things going on around me recently and my sweet God has been taking the opportunity to remind me that in ALL things at ALL times He is good.  There are some moments when His goodness is so easy for everyone to see, and then there are moments when to see His goodness I have to remind myself to trust in Him. I have to remind myself that I don't always know what is good. 

See, if my goal above ALL ELSE is for the name of my sweet savior and awesome God to be glorified then I can praise Him and know that He is good when times are hard.  A little over a month ago my mentor and dear friend Tonya found out that her husband had a brain tumor.  The very next day they went in to remove the tumor and diagnosed Eric with cancer.  Although the things they are going through right now with daily radiation and chemo are challenging, I have no doubt that our God is good!  Eric hasn't been able to stop telling people about Jesus and ALL that He has done in his life.  I asked Eric how his treatments were going the other day and He said, "It's great!  I get to wake up each morning and spend time with my God in prayer before I go to my radiation.  Then I walk into radiation and I have the chance to make somebodies day.  I ask everyone who works there if they know about Jesus.  If they tell me yes, I ask them, then why aren't you telling people about Him. Then I go in for my radiation treatment and I have to be super still, but I get an incredible time of intimate prayer with my God."  WOW! God is good! 

Even when times are hard if my goal ABOVE ALL ELSE is for my sweet savior and awesome God to be glorified then I will praise Him for His name is being glorified through Eric's cancer.  I truly believe that God is not withholding good from me.  He knows what is best in view of eternity!  I trust in Him. Satan is tricky.  You see, the one lie that he has been using since Adam and Eve in the garden is that God is withholding good from us.  That's how he got Eve to eat the fruit, he told her that God was withholding something good from her.  What a tricky lie that was.  God was never withholding good from her, He was protecting her, He was doing what was best for her.  Satan still tries to use that same lie on us, he whispers to us that God is withholding good from us.  He tempts us to take things into our own hands, but I know that he is a lier.  I know that my God is good and that He is not withholding good from me.  He is God, who am I to tell Him what is good and what is not.  I trust that He is constantly at work doing what is best.  I pray that my life will magnify Him during the happy times and during the hard times, and I pray that my heart will always trust and know that He is Good!  
May His name be praised!  May I always be able to say, "He is the Lord; let him do what is good in his eyes." 1 Samuel 3:18

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10



No comments:

Post a Comment