Monday, November 28, 2011

I Just Can't Get Over It!

You know you are starting to get old when your alarm goes off around 5:30 almost every morning because you have to be somewhere by 6:00.  I've given up on morning showers and makeup isn't always essential.  My body says, "If the sun isn't up, then I shouldn't be either."  But I have come to LOVE the stillness of the mornings.  After I hit my snooze a few times and I finally get my feet to hit the ground I'm reminded of His grace.  His grace so powerful that it draws me into Him.  His grace so beautiful that it outshines this world.  His grace so deep that keeps me from sinking.  His grace so strong that satan has no power over it.  His grace so good that it fills me with so much joy.

Every Tuesday morning, I am blessed to get to study the Word with a small group of women from my church.  I LOVE this time together with them every Tuesday.  As we share our stories with each other I am amazed by how each of us has experienced His grace.  His grace so beautiful and deep.    After Bible study I walk to my office and I'm filled with so much joy that I just want to skip up and down the halls.  I can't get this huge smile off of my face!  The power of His grace fills me with so much joy, and I just can't get over it.  He has done so much in my life and I want to tell the world about it.  The King has invited me to have a role in His eternal story.  I get to be a part of the best story ever told.  I just can't get over that.  He chose me!  He chose you!  We get to be a part of His story.  He doesn't need me, but He invites me to be a part of His story.  I'm so amazed.  Thank You Lord!

I pray that I will never seek to play a role different than the one He has called me to.  It's not my job to be the star of this Story.  My Jesus is the star.  This story is about Him, but it's so amazing that He chose me to play a part.  He chose me, and He chose you.  Now we have a choice too.  Are we going to choose to accept the role that our God has given us, or are we going to refuse it because we want to be the star or because it's not the role we really wanted to play?  He knows me best.  He knows my skills.  He knows my abilities.  There is no one better to cast my role than the one who created me and who writes the Story.  May I fill my role to the best of my ability for the glory of His name.

I'm amazed by my God.  He is perfect in EVERY way.  I don't understand everything that happens, but I know and trust that He is in control.  That He is working out everything in His story for the glory of His name and the growth of the Kingdom.  The way He does this amazes me.  I can't get over what He has done and continues to do for me!  May the name of the Lord be praised.  He is God!  He is good!  He is faithful!  He is love!  He is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment