Sunday, November 20, 2011

We are Christians

Our God is so so good!  I'm am so amazed at how He reveals Himself to me daily in new and different ways!  He is the Creator.  He always has something new up His sleeve for me to see!  I'm so thankful to serve a God like that!

Today after my run I decided I was going to go to the gym at my apartment complex to lift weights.  I was 1 of 3 people in the gym.  The other two people there were a married couple.  The girl happened to be wearing a shirt that said PEACE, LOVE, UCO!  UCO happens to be a college in Edmond, the town where I grew up.  As I was leaving the gym I walked right past the two of them and just casually said, "Did you go to the University of Central Oklahoma?"  She said, "Yes."  We then preceded to have a conversation about Edmond.  I told them that I had grown up there and that I moved here just about a year and a half ago to work at a church here in Little Rock.

After realizing that we were all Christians we started talking about our passions and different things that we have been involved with at different churches.  They have been looking for a church here in Little Rock to plug into since they just moved here.  I told them about how our church goes down under the Broadway bridge once a month to feed the homeless and they instantly asked if they could join us!  They were so excited!

As I was getting ready to leave Evelyn gave me her number and told me to text her.  Usually I don't exchange numbers with people I have only known for 2 minutes but as she read off her number to me she said, "We are Christians too."  That's such a simple little phrase, but the meaning of it was so strong to me.  The unification that we have in Christ is so amazing.  We are Christians!  We are a family!  It's amazing how He can bond 3 people in such a short amount of time.

There are lots of things that I don't have in common with this great couple that I just met, but one thing is for sure...I have the most important thing in common with them!  We are bonded in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment