Monday, November 14, 2011

What does Satan Have to Say About You?

I try not to worry too much about what other people think of me.  I don't want people not to like me, and I don't want to have people upset with me, but sometimes it happens.  I don't like it when people don't like me, but there is one person who I really want to hate me!  Satan.  I want to be the kind of girl that when I wake up every morning Satan gets nervous.  I want him to think, O no here she comes!

I want to live my life in a way that satan sees me as a threat.  I want to live my life sold out for the Kingdom of God!  I want to fight against satan with every breath that I take.  I want him to have horrible things to say about me.

My fear is that sometimes all he can say about me is, "o yea, Barrie Jo she's a nice girl, but she doesn't cause me any trouble."  If that is all he has to say about me then something is really wrong.  I want to be a threat to satan.  I want to be worth his time.  When I look back over the past few years and think about the times Satan has attacked me the most it has been the times I have been trying to give my most to the Kingdom of God!

I know that my God is real!  I know that He has power far greater than I could ever imagine.  I know that He is omnipresent.  I know that He wins!  But I also know, satan is real.  He has come to kill, steal, and destroy.  One thing I think we often forget about satan though is that he is not omnipresent.  He can't be everywhere at once like my amazing God!  Satan has to pick his targets.

I have trouble believing that satan would waste his time attacking those who aren't a threat to him.
I don't want to live my life in a way where satan looks at me and says, "I don't need to mess with her.  She's not doing anything for God's kingdom.  She's not worth my time."  I want to live my life sold out for the Kingdom of God.

Being a nice girl isn't going to cut it.  So often we get confused.  We think being a Christian is about not doing bad things.  I know lots of people who don't do bad things and are nice people, who don't believe in God.  It's so much more than that.  It's about serving the Kingdom at all times.  It's about making disciples.  It's about falling in love with God more and more each and every day.  It's about feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick, and showing justice.  Satan isn't threatened by "nice people."

So my question to all of us is, Are you worth Satan's time?  What does he have to say about you? Does he even notice you?

I pray that my life will be so submitted to God that I will allow Him to use me to turn this world upside down for Him.  I pray that Satan will have no doubts whose side I am fighting on.  I pray that satan will have nothing good to say about me.  I pray that he will see me as a threat.

I know that when he attacks that my God will be by my side giving me strength.  I know that the attacks can hurt, but that they can also bring more glory to my God!  I have to remember, I know how the story ends!  My God WINS!  

No comments:

Post a Comment